The latest episode of the award-winning KQED series "If Cities Could Dance" shines a spotlight on Katherine Dunham and her impact on East St. Louis, Illinois. Meet the dancers and teachers who carry on her legacy in the city where she settled—which is now home to the Katherine Dunham Center for Arts and Humanities and the Katherine Dunham Museum.
Related Articles Around the Web
- Katherine Dunham Performing Ballet Creole (1952) | British Pathé ... ›
- Timeline: The Katherine Dunham Collection at the Library of Congress ›
- Katherine Dunham Biography - Katherine Dunham ›
- Before #BlackLivesMatter: A Timeline - Dance Magazine ›
- Friday Film Break: "If Cities Could Dance" Covers Black–Asian Solidarity in Hip Hop - Dance Magazine ›